Friday, June 30, 2023

Bad (or Interesting) Book Covers - Part 5

Writing.

Warning: 18+, not suitable for work and the faint of heart.

More covers from the Internet, trying to find a few good and bad examples...

This is the final installment, and we're counting down to number one, insulting a few politicians and Microsoft along the way. Yes. Things are getting bad. Very bad. 18+ and only the strong of mind should travel onwards from this point!


5. Gollumina

Yeah. Sorry. I'm not sold on pre-made covers. But if this is your thing then it's yours for just $89! No, wait, including paper prints that's $158! That's a steal, isn't it?

(They'd have to PAY ME $158 to even consider using it.)


4. Conspiracy Theory

Click the image and read the subtext.

Right. Someone forgot their pills.


3. Sex Sells

We've established that already, but do you remember Clippy? (Google for it if you don't.)

This girl certainly does... (Another fine application of rule 34, but we'll take it as a joke, because we can't handle the thought of people actually enjoying Clippy in whatever form and disguise...)



2. I Definitely Would Not!


The back f(l)ap says Putin seriously enjoyed the second edition. The Plonker.


1. Winnie is The One!

We all know you cannot keep a good politician down!

And our number one cover (which isn't a real one) (and is banned by Putin) (for obvious reasons) is...



I guess one of these days I'll have to add a post with what I think are good book covers, just to compensate the above.

And remember, these are just examples I found on the Internet. I'm not condoning or endorsing any of these images and (possibly fake) book covers, nor the books that hide behind them (though I have my reservations), but I do hope they will give you some (good / bad) ideas on (good / bad) covers.

No comments:

Post a Comment