This is a personal blog (and frankly, a kind of online notebook) on everything that interests me as a self-proclaimed geek... science fiction, music, electronics, D&D, computer games, writing, and any other fad-of-the-day...
Blogger is a bit of a weird beast, and me adding a dedicated landing page may not have improved things. Anyway, here are some tips:
Topics / Filters (the landing page at https://www.ninelizards.com)
- The layout depends on your device (mobile / desktop) and if you forced the desktop site. The functionality is the same.
(click image to enlarge)
- Clicking / tapping the 'armadillo' will take you to the latest blog entry, auto detecting your device, unless you've forced desktop mode
- On the landing page (topics / filters) you can click any of the images, and that will set the filter and show the blog:
- The search function is only available on the 'desktop' version of the blog
On a mobile device (mobile version of the blog)
- Tapping the 'header' will show all posts:
- Tapping an entry on the list will bring up that specific post
- Tapping an image inside that post will typically show a larger version of that image
- The drop-down menu below the header will give you access to specific pages, or return you to landing page (topics / filters)
On a PC (desktop version of the blog)
- On the landing page (topics / filters) you can click any of the topic images, which will take you to the blog
- The search box is shown below the signpost sign:
- When viewing the blog itself don't click on the image, but instead click on the post's title or on the 'read more' line (if there is one):
- Clicking the 'signpost' icon returns you to the landing page (topics / filters):
The Personal Stuff - About me
I write bad fiction. In poor English. At one time I had the illusion that people would visit my BBS, my homepage, my Blog, but since then I've gone over to the dark side and embraced reality: these notes are just for myself.
In all other aspects, I'm just like a normal person.
I also (re)build my own kitchen, paint murals, suffer two daughters, work for a technology company, and pay my taxes (unless I can avoid them). I do like gadgets and reading / watching / listening to science fiction. I watch an unhealthy amount of 'cult' television series (anything from Supernatural to Fringe to Farscape, from Doom Patrol to VR5 to... well, whatever comes up next).
I also try to solidify some of my thoughts in irregular columns, with a distant suggestion of success. That is to say: even diarrhea solidifies after a while...
This is a multilingual blog, though it is predominantly in English. If a post is in more than one language I typically start with the English version. Headers in English sections are blue, and the headers in Dutch sections are red.
Please note that I am NOT a native English speaker, so there will be more than enough mistakes in my writing... Please accept my apologies upfront.
You did read the disclaimer, didn't you?