Monday, August 5, 2019

Andrew Seiple - Dire 1 - Dire Born

Review.

What to make of this one... a fresh take on the superhero / super-villain trope, with a villain who might just be a hero. Or not.


Series

I understand this is the first book in a series, and that later works are getting way more silly. I'm not sure if that works better or not, I don't know. I did like this one though, where poor Doctor Dire tries her best to protect her people. Being a misunderstood genius and superhero (villain?) with self inflicted memory loss may be hard, but starting the first day of your new life with killer squads having it in for you, now that seriously spoils your day.

So yeah, the first book of this series is a great read. I'll check out the other books to see if they are worth it, but the reviews on GoodReads are not encouraging...


Dapper / TellTales! 98

No comments:

Post a Comment