Monday, July 22, 2024

Dremel 3D20 - Weird noises (Extruder skipping?)

3D Printing + Dremel 3D20

My old Dremel 3D20 has started making some weird noises. It only does so when extruding infill, ie. when high speed extrusion and high speed movement is required. I tightened all the screws, and that didn't fix things, so now I suspect it is the extruder.

Not that I'm looking forward to to taking the thing apart...


Example

Here's a little video showing the effect (starts about 40 seconds in the video):

I posted my observation on the Dutch 3D Print Forum and shared my settings, just in case. I also found out I'm a complete idiot by missing the mm/min versus mm/sec setting 😏


(Click to enlarge.)

The responses I got on the forum confirm my suspicions. So, I guess next thing to do is take the extruder apart... Darn.

Will be continued...


More


No comments:

Post a Comment