Every writer has a different approach to writing and editing. Every successful writer is probably going to tell you editing is an essential.
Every great writer without the money to afford an editor has to edit him / herself. It is my firm belief that if you don't edit, then you'll get nowhere. Period.
So, here's my current approach, until I'm rich enough to afford a real editor...
- Write- Fix some of my typical early mistakes (mostly the non-native stuff)- Update my notes (X) every time I finish a chapter- Repeat until the novel's done
- Look for words related to common problems, and fix the surrounding paragraphs- Remove what you don't need
- Pay attention to all those things a good edit(or) pays attention to 😓😓
- And do it again, again, again and again and again and...
- Converting and formatting Manuscripts (format as well as export to Word)
- Curly Quotes (requires Word)