Monday, September 26, 2022

Stephen R. Donaldson - The Gap into Conflict / ... (1990..1996)

Book Review.

Donaldson goes to space. And adds some abuse for good measure.

I'm doing a re-read, after finally picking up number 4. (I never finished this series, even though number 5 has been in my bookcase for ages.) I'm halfway book 1 now, and find it just as average as I remembered.

The later books should be better if memory serves me well. I'll find out soon...


Titles
  1. The Gap into Conflict: The Real Story - 1990
  2. The Gap into Vision: Forbidden Knowledge - 1991
  3. The Gap into Power: A Dark and Hungry God Arises - 1992
  4. The Gap into Madness: Chaos and Order - 1994
  5. The Gap into Ruin: This Day All Gods Die - 1996

I'm not sure if he could make up his mind about the titles... or the publisher had an attack of misplaced creativity.

It makes it hard to remember the proper sequence when the number isn't printed on the spine (as is the case on two of the paperbacks I own) and the order isn't listed inside the book(s). Fortunately, there is still the Internet.


Gap 01 - The Gap into Conflict: the Real Story

It's almost as if Donaldson was working out his concept, then decided to turn the raw concept into books 2 to 5. At the time I thought the later installments to be better, and I do hope I will find out I'm still of the same opinion now.

Will be continued...


More



(Dapper / TellTales! 64)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment