Note that this is all preliminary and that I could not find an official source yet... I'll update this when I know more.
1. Location
In the images below you can see that the code has moved to the left. Now, if you flip the plate around, it is suddenly in line with the old codes.
This probably isn't a problem. The camera is probably checking different locations to find the code, and I've seen codes all over the place on other plates, and they were (mostly) correctly recognized.
(More information on Aruco codes on the X1C here.)
2. Size
The code has increased in size. This would probably make it easier to recognize it (and would allow a cheaper camera, if need be) so that makes sense.
3. Code
Aruco codes are basically just numbers, encoded in a pattern. The X1C used two sets (one 4x4, the other 5x5). All the codes I've seen for the X2D / P2S thus far are 4x4.
Preliminary! This information may be wrong!
4x4 Code - used on the X2D / P2S for
0 - Bambu Cool Plate / Supertack / Cool plates
2 - 3D Effects / Smooth Pei
1 - Engineering Plate (found on some images on the Internet)
5 - Textured PEI / New Textured Pei / Anything textured
11 - Engineering Plate (from my own plate that uses the newer X2D style)
Again, I haven't found a formal source yet, but perhaps this might help until there is one.
(More information on Aruco codes on the X1C here.)
4. Compatibility
And now for the bad part: the old printers don't read the new codes, and the new printers don't read the old codes.
I'm secretly hoping for an update that would allow the X1C to read the new plates, but I'm not holding my hopes up high...
I do hope I can put both X2D and X1C codes net to one another so I can use the plates on both old and new machines, but I haven't tried yet... (Due to the lack of a P2S / X2D 😅)
To be continued...





No comments:
Post a Comment