Sunday, June 17, 2018

Alison Sinclair - Darkborn

Review.

Darkborn was an interesting read. I was expecting an ‘interleaved’ book, where half the adventure would take place on the light side,  the other half on the dark side, but no.

Ah, more would be spoiling 😁


From the blurb

" For the Darkborn, sunlight kills. For the Lightborn, darkness is fatal. Living under a centuries-old curse, the Darkborn and Lightborn share the city of Minhorne, co-existing in an uneasy equilibrium but never interacting. "

Actually, they interact a lot...

The book is about humanity (?) split into two halves, the lightborn who can only live outside during the day, and the darkborn who can only live outside during the night. There's a plot hole there but let it be. The first book reads like it is setup for a cross between a romance and a dark noir detective. Unfortunately, it’s only the first book of a trilogy, and I have not read the next two installments so I cannot tell if my first impression is right.

On top of that, I haven’t been able to find the other two yet. Haven't looked very hard though, to be honest... (I bet they are on Amazon, but I've decided to slow down spending a little at the moment.)


Dapper / TellTales! 63

No comments:

Post a Comment