Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Chrome 2023 Refresh and Profile Colors

Datatalk / Chrome.

I like to differentiate my Chrome profiles by different tab colors, but the 'Chrome 2023 Refresh' enforced pastel colors on us poor users. I had not spotted that yet, but when I made a profile change, I suddenly couldn't select my original color again. Instead, we now have 'themes' that don't do what I want...

But it's fixable... for now...


...though it looks like the change is Google Chrome's future, and at some date I may have to live with their stupid pastel colors 😒 the following still worked in January 2024:


1. Browse to chrome://flags/

2. Search for Refresh

3. Look for Chrome Refresh 2023 New Tab Button and set it to Disable


Don't make changes just 'because you can' dear Google. That's Microsoft territory...




No comments:

Post a Comment