Monday, August 17, 2026

Elizabeth Bear - Jenny Casey 01 / 02 - Hammered / Scardown

An accidental find, but I like it. This is hard SF, involving a world past the brink of ecological disaster (with many people unaware or actively ignoring it), the US and China in a kind of military impasse, and Canada hiring itself out as the mercenary pool for the whole world.


Wetwired vs Jenny Casey

In some markets the series as a whole is called Wetwired, in some it's still using the original series title Jenny Casey. There are also different covers, but I like the 'soldier' ones better.


One cocktail coming up!

Add drugs, a female, former army protagonist suffering from PTSD, a rogue AI, a not-fully-understood FTL drive, and at the end of book 2 you're ready for the aliens to arrive.


The Verdict

Damn, I like this! Where's book 3?


Update

I just bought book 3, and will add a review as soon as I've finished it.





Dapper / TellTales! #128


No comments:

Post a Comment