Monday, March 13, 2023

Dean Koontz - Wintermoon (1975)

Book Review.

Wintermoon by Dean Koontz would make a good movie. As a book, it's just 'so...so...'. I can't recall the title (Splinter perhaps?) but it resembles another book I read quite some time ago. Something about 'something alien invading earth modifying (dead) animals and stuff alike'. Anyway, this book was good enough to keep my attention for three or four hours during the flight back to the Netherlands... I wouldn't read it again though.


Verdict

Ok. In hindsight even better than average, but that doesn't mean that much as the average appears to get worse and worse every day. (I wrote these lines in "94, after reading a "75 novel, and if anything those words have become more and more true.)


Format

My copy is a very odd size, a hardcover slightly larger than a regular mass trade pocket size, but smaller than the typical hardcover or paperback. It's green, linen bound, with a soft sleeve. I picked it up at an airport, years ago, and haven't encountered that size of hardcover ever since then (used for fiction).


Dapper / TellTales! #9


No comments:

Post a Comment